Cleantech Approach’s advisory practice is focused on providing differentiated, value-added advice to clients on complex renewable energy and energy efficiency development, investing, and deployment decisions. 
Our advisory clients include:
- National and local governments;
- Real estate owners, operators, and developers;
- Tenants and other property users;
- Energy service companies (ESCOs);
- Clean technology investors;
- NGOs; and
CTA’s expertise extends across a full range of strategic decision-making, including, but not limited to, sustainability planning and implementation, technology evaluation, investment analysis, measurement and verification/performance analysis, vendor and product selection, incentive alignment, and due diligence.
Our advisory practice draws upon our strength in research and evaluation, proprietary industry knowledge, and broad network of clean technology stakeholders to deliver strategic and actionable advice to help our clients achieve their renewable energy and energy efficiency goals.
What differentiates CTA’s advisory practice? CTA fills the information gap between engineering firms providing energy audits & feasibility studies and executives trying to make informed, financially sound technology decisions. To fill this gap, CTA delivers the following: market overview research laying out vendors, technologies, and different approaches to solving a similar problem; rigorous due diligence of vendors and technologies; and comprehensive payback analysis that afford visibility into the variables or assumptions that will make a difference to each unique client.
Sample advisory mandates include:
- Assisting a top municipality in its evaluation of key clean technology subsectors for investment as part of its sustainability program;
- Helping a large real estate investment trust with its technology, vendor, and product selection;
- Analyzing the performance data of existing retrofits for a top educational institution to assess their return on investment and payback;
- Advising a leading ESCO on next-generation products and their technical and financial performance; and
- Conducting industry analysis for a large clean technology investor and assisting them with due diligence on specific opportunities.
 Cleantech Approach is an independent advisory and research firm and does not advocate for the utilization of specific technologies, companies, or products. Where applicable, vendors are equally invited to participate in our white papers or engagement work and any recommendations are based upon pre-set criteria (i.e., performance or cost) from our clients.